Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stir-Fry Burrito

This is a simple dinner to make. There is not too much cooking to do here so it comes together very quickly. It also has lots of veggies, so it's healthier than a regular bean and cheese burrito. Although those are good too, everything in moderation right?

What I used:
1 lb of ground
1 package of frozen stir fry veggies (Trader Joe's brand is what i had)
Montreal Steak Seasoning to taste
Flour tortillas
Sweet Chili Sauce (found in the Asian foods aisle)

What I did:
1. I started by browning the turkey meat in medium high heat breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooked. When it was mostly cooked, I seasoned it with the Montreal Steak Seasonings.

2. I added in the frozen veggies along with about 1/4 cup of water. Then I put a lid on the pan and let the veggies steam a bit while the turkey continued to cook as well. This should take about 5 minutes. Once the veggies were almost done, I took the lid off to let some of the water evaporate and the mixture to brown a bit.
3. While the turkey/veggie mixture was finishing up, I heated some flour tortillas on a warm skillet to brown. Once the tortilla was done, I spread on some of the Sweet Chili sauce.
4. Spoon on some of the turkey/veggie mixture onto the tortilla, wrap up and enjoy your burrito!
Tips:
*When browning tortillas, use a high heat. Just don't forget them on the skillet or they will burn.
*I don't have the tolerance for spicy food, but the Sweet Chili Sauce is very mild.
*To mix it up a bit, mix the chili sauce with sour cream. This makes a great sauce for burritos too.

No comments: