Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Apple Turnover Toast


This is one of my favorite breakfasts or nighttime snacks.  It still gives you a similar taste of an apple turnover, but it is healthier than the original, so you can feel good about eating it!

What you need:
1 half an apple
1/4 cup -fat cottage cheese
1 slice of whole wheat toast
Cinnamon and sugar
What you do:
1. Toast your bread.  While that is toasting, dice the apple into small squares. 


2. Once the bread is toasted, let it cool for a minute. Spread the cottage cheese evenly over the toast.  


3. Next, add a layer of apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy!





6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I know that this isn't this post's recipe.. BUT I just made your stir fry burritos, and my boyfriend and I LOVED them. So good. Thanks so much for posting such fast and delicious recipes. :)

Dinah said...

Awesome! So glad you guys liked it. Thanks for trying out a recipe!

Anonymous said...

It is dangerous to read your blog on an empty stomach.....

Anonymous said...

Dinah your blog made me want my own kitchen and try this wonderful food you're making. It's making me hungry now...(stomach growling)

Unknown said...

Yum! Following you after seeing your blog listing on closetgoodies.com

My blog is a mish mash or random things and occasionally I post recipes too http://gumdropswap.blogspot.com

Dinah said...

Sorry about making you guys hungry, but hope it inspires you to cook and try out the recipes! Thanks to Gumdropswap for sharing a new blog with me, looks like my advertising worked too!